Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Buenos Aires / Portland Tango






In the last 8-10 months I have been shooting people at the North Star Cafe during Tango nights ( turns out you can Tango in Portland several nights a week.)  In April on a trip to Buenos Aires I shot Tango as well.  On the last day in BA I stumbled upon  "La Glorietta" an outdoor dance pavilion in the Belgrano area.  I spent 45 minutes as people arrived and started dancing trying to get an image. ( check this link out for a group we saw playing on the street...  http://www.purevolume.com/elmetodotangojazz 
The last cut off this album from 2007 Paranoico Critico is Libertango. I highly recommend a listen.   And Monday night I went to the Gazebo on Portland's Eastern Prom where a few Tangoesta's were dancing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment