Sunday, December 27, 2009

Feast Of The Seven Fishes

Well , maybe six, because yours truly sort of missed one course, again, sort of.  When I mentioned to my wife that I might shoot in the kitchen at Cinque Terre on Christmas Eve for the traditional Italian "Feast of the Seven Fishes" she showed more then a little interest in tagging along.  So a little trade of a picture and voila, a night on the town, again sort of, because I'm running back n forth taking pictures and in a lull coming out front to sit for a few minutes.  At one point she looks into the kitchen and says you have to try this, it's fabulous! So while I somehow didn't take any pictures of "Maine Shrimp Fritto, radicchio, basil and caper sauce" I did get to taste it and she didn't lie, it was great! So without further ado:


Feast of the Seven Fishes
December 24, 2009
Winter Point Oysters with prosecco mignonette
Crab Arancini and mozzarella white anchovy crostini
Warmed Leeks and lobster vinaigrette
*Maine Shrimp Fritto, radicchio, basil and caper sauce
Creamy Codfish Ravioli with tomato, fennel and basil oil
Seared Sea Scallops, parsnips, chicory and balsamic aioli
White Chocolate Cranberry Semifreddo, orange crème anglaise, pistachio tuile


The flow of every kitchen is different and I've taken to going with the flow so to speak, shooting the parts of the plate, as it comes together, until I get a picture of the whole.  Still video like.


Now not everybody dining at Cinque Terre on Christmas Eve was there for the "Feast", some had come for the regular menu which on that night had a a variety of seafood dishes to choose from...
Portland has an abundance of good food to choose from and many of the best restaurants offer these prix fix multi course meals, which are usually a great value, so if your thinking of going out New Years Eve, check the Portland Food Map Calendar as at last look about a dozen choices in all price ranges where listed, including a pig roast at Shima on Fore Street. 
I'll be out there somewhere, with my wife, enjoying myself with or without my camera. I hopr you are too!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous pictures! I'm so happy to find your blog (from Portland Food Map). The feast looks amazing - maybe next year.

    I live in the Portland area as well and blog at http://mignardise.blogspot.com. I also write for MaineLovesFood.com

    I hope you'll take a look of you get a chance. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete