Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer Misc #1


I've been alternately bored and busy this summer and a little slow posting new images... partly because while I've gotten some nice shots I don't  always get a complete story, or I could just be lazy. So let's start with lunch.
Most days this or some variety os same is what I have for lunch. Cukes, tomato, feta cheese, a roll... mostly from Rosemont Market, lots of salt, pepper and olive oil and a glass of wine. The last couple of years it was retsina, but Boutari hasn't seen fit to bring theirs into the state so now it's whatever I have around. Malbec, a Bordeau, sometimes a spanish Cava.  This is an olive oil Mucucci's is now carrying which comes from Chile and is a very good match for salad. 
Supper can also look like this.
I've also spent a few days at the farmers marketin Monument square just to see the progression from past years. It stretches farther out of the Square down past the book store and Free St.


lot's of people having lunch and looking and even buying crafts.


If you saw my last post about the Celebrate Maine Festival/BBQ down in Eliott, Toby and I came back thru Berwick, Sanford and Bar MIlls on Rte 202.  When you get to the Saco River you'll see lots of kids and some adults jumping off the old bridge abutment and a rope swing nearby.  Last weekend I went back down to get some pictures.


Two days ago a magazine called looking for images from brunch at several local restaurants. While I had been thinking of shotting a brunch somewhere I hadn't actually done any.  So wednesday morning I popped into Bintliffs for a quickie and Lee at Vignola plated some of his menu for me that afternoon. 



This weekend I head to Bar Harbor for a couple of Canon still and video workshops.  Sunday night I'll be invading the kitchen at Havana, trying to find traces of the Obama's and giving you at look what it takes to feed the 1st Couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment