Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Restaurant Week / Tuesday /David's & Green Elephant


Tuesday continues my own personal Marathon.  I'm shooting in 2 and maybe 3 places each day, blogging and hopefully living to tell about it. Today- lunch at David's in Monument Square. Not sure if it's always this way but very busy and from what I could tell over half the orders were from the Restaurant Week $15.10 prix fix menu.
These two lovely ladies didn't seem to mind a bit that I was standing on a chair at their table shooting straight down at them as they ate their meal.  The meal on the left is the Mediterranean Style Grilled Tuna Salad with artichoke, green beans, greek olives, peppers, and a vinaigrette dressing. You can see a closer view in the next picture and I can say it is excellent as I had one with a Stella at the bar after I finished.
The meal on the right was the Exotic Mushroom Ravioli with ricotta cheese, forest mushrooms, leeks, shallots, oven-dried tomato, arugula, goat cheese, Madeira sauce & truffle oil.
The picture above was a Bruschetta withArtichoke & pepper salad.
David's is participating in both  lunch and supper during Restaurant Week. For more info and menus go Here    and click on the restaurant name your interested in.
I spent the afternoon filling up my dance card for the rest of the week and found myself at the Green Elephant , just off Congress Square, last night. A place that is generating good buzz on the food blogs and which my wife, who has eaten there with friends before, calls maybe the best vegetarian place in Portland for a long while. When I got there around 7 o'clock all the tables were full. The aromas in the kitchen were constantly changing as each order came up. I noticed that they were also doing a brisk take out business but didn't think to ask if the Restaurant Week menu could be had that way.
All of the four items pictured above came from the RW menu: in order they are, Crispy Wontons, Green Curry Vegetables ( if you are allergic to eggplant like my wife make sure and tell the wait staff ), Spicy Basil Noodles and last the Thai Sweet Rice Pudding with Coconut Cream.  { A note to all  you photogs at MECA, here's hoping your final isn't black, white and shinny, lit by overhead florescent lights and you have maybe 20 seconds get a pleasing shot before it's whisked out from under your nose!}

Tomorrows post will be from El Rayo Taquaria, corner of York & High Street (lunch) and the Front Room, Congress Street on Munjoy Hill (supper).
Just a note to the camera shy, where a fake beard and dark glasses so I know who you are!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, beautiful photos! And I'll be at Evangeline @ 830p on Sat, if you wanna come stand on a chair by my table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I had the green curry and the rice pudding at GE - YUM! Brings back good memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos! I haven't been to Green Elephant yet, but your pics make me want to go soon.

    ReplyDelete